Among the most used earplugs, today in the world are the Apple AirPods. Their sound quality, the ease with which they can be used contribute to making them the go-to option for those who just can’t get enough of. Yet, those who do not own an Apple device think that they cannot connect the AirPods to their devices and hence drop the idea of buying them. Are you one such person who decided against buying them just because you don’t own an Apple device? Well, what if someone told you that AirPods can also be connected to your non-apple PC?
You’ll be delighted, of course, and you should be because, fortunately, it is true. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps and you’re all set to groove on the beats of some high-quality music. These steps are as easy as making the very normal changes in the settings of your PC. Yet, to make it easy for you, let us outline all the steps one after another so that you can go about it with ease.
Steps For Connecting AirPods To PC:
- To begin with, make sure that your AirPods are fully charged and in a working condition.
- Secondly, you need to start your PC and wait for a little while for it to get going properly.
- Once your PC is on, click on the Start menu and there are two things you can do from here. You can either click on the settings icon that is to be found just above the power button or you can simply type “Settings” in the search box.
- Once you’ve found the settings menu, all you have to do is open it.
- Now that you’ve opened settings, a drop-down menu will list the various options you have under “settings”. Among the options, you have to click on ‘devices’ in order to proceed further.
- Further, in the devices option, you need to make sure that the Bluetooth of your PC is open. Slide it to the right and it will turn blue, that is how you know it is open.
- Next, you have to click on the option above the Bluetooth power option by the name of ‘add Bluetooth or other devices’.
- Once the Bluetooth of your PC is on and it is all set to search for devices, you can now take your AirPods out of the case.
- Hold the power button on the back of the AirPods and wait for it to light up which means that it is on.
- Once your AirPods are switched on, you can find its device name on the list of devices available to be connected to your PC’s Bluetooth. The name will be ‘AirPods’ itself and all you need to do is click on it and wait for the Bluetooth connection to be established.
- As soon as the AirPods are connected, your AirPods are now connected to your PC and you can start listening to some high-quality music.
- Now you can close the ‘settings’ and browse your playlist for the song you wish to play.
Once your AirPods are paired with your PC, you don’t have to be going through this process anymore. As you already must be knowing, an already paired device can then easily be successfully connected in a couple of clicks and you can carry on listening to your favorite music on arguably the best music devices you can find, i.e. the AirPods.
As already stated in the article, the process of connecting AirPods to PC is pretty easy. All it requires are the few simple steps mentioned above. All you need to keep in mind is that make sure the AirPods are fully charged and keeping track of the charging status. If you keep on charging your AirPods to the maximum, they tend to perform better and they will also last longer. Keep them in the case when not in use to make sure that they don’t get damaged or lose their quality with time. Given that you keep all these factors in mind, you’re sure to end up listening to your favorite music on AirPods without having an Apple device.